Conversations involving multiple participants, allowing collaboration and information sharing in Teams
Hi Steve,
You can use the Microsoft Teams Phone Standard license in place of the Shared Device license.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I'm an admin for my organization, and over the past few days I've been getting a lot of support complaints about Teams chat not working on Android phones. As of last week, it was working for me, so I suspected it was a phone specific problem. However, when I first opened the app today I noticed that all my chats and functionality suddenly disappeared. The only option available in the teams app seems to be calling.
I checked the org policies, and everything is correct. This looks to be a bug on the latest version of the app.
I managed to get to "activities" by trying to save a photo to the teams app, and when I bring this up it says "Administrator has disabled chat for this user." I'm the admin, and I certainly didn't do this. All policies under messaging allow for chat.
Please help!
Conversations involving multiple participants, allowing collaboration and information sharing in Teams
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi Steve,
You can use the Microsoft Teams Phone Standard license in place of the Shared Device license.
Hi Jonathan,
If you read up a bit further in this forum thread. The issue lies with the Microsoft Teams Shared Device license.
You will need to remove this license in order to use the other functions of Teams on Android Devices.
I can verify, at least for me this is what is causing issues with my android phones.
The issue with removing the "Teams on Android Devices" breaks the phone feature in teams taking away the ability to make/receive phone calls via the SIP setup in the teams app both on the Android phone and the desktop app.
Its been 3 months since this original post and my office still cant use Teams on our Android phones. Has this been resolved with a simple fix or do we need to jump through hoops with out IT Department to get this resolved??
Its pretty sad that you neglect an entire group of users for 3 months. I'm assuming you dont have this issue with apple users??
Hi Steve,
my setup is Placetel (sip) + Placetel Teams-Addon + Teams + Android 14 + newest Teams app + License MS 365 Business Basic + Common Area Phone.
My solution was to reset simply everything. I deleted the Placetel-Teams-Connection (the Addon at Placetel), removed my MS licenses, logged out from Teams on every device, deleted the app and config from Android and rebooted the device.
After that I waited an hour to let everything be recognized by Microsofts servers and after that I reconfigured everything 1:1 as before.
Indeed that helped. Chat, phone, everything worked again! I think the reason was something intern thing at MS after MS has changed the Common Area Phone license.
https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/microsoft-has-renamed-common-area-phone-license/m-p/3676398 https://www.lync.se/2022/11/new-license-microsoft-teams-shared-devices/