Teams chat no longer works for my organization on Android phones

Anonymous
2023-10-03T18:52:15+00:00

I'm an admin for my organization, and over the past few days I've been getting a lot of support complaints about Teams chat not working on Android phones. As of last week, it was working for me, so I suspected it was a phone specific problem. However, when I first opened the app today I noticed that all my chats and functionality suddenly disappeared. The only option available in the teams app seems to be calling.

I checked the org policies, and everything is correct. This looks to be a bug on the latest version of the app.

I managed to get to "activities" by trying to save a photo to the teams app, and when I bring this up it says "Administrator has disabled chat for this user." I'm the admin, and I certainly didn't do this. All policies under messaging allow for chat.

Please help!

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Group chats

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-05T10:12:42+00:00

    Hi Steve,

    my setup is Placetel (sip) + Placetel Teams-Addon + Teams + Android 14 + newest Teams app + License MS 365 Business Basic + Common Area Phone.

    My solution was to reset simply everything. I deleted the Placetel-Teams-Connection (the Addon at Placetel), removed my MS licenses, logged out from Teams on every device, deleted the app and config from Android and rebooted the device.

    After that I waited an hour to let everything be recognized by Microsofts servers and after that I reconfigured everything 1:1 as before.

    Indeed that helped. Chat, phone, everything worked again! I think the reason was something intern thing at MS after MS has changed the Common Area Phone license.

    https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/microsoft-has-renamed-common-area-phone-license/m-p/3676398 https://www.lync.se/2022/11/new-license-microsoft-teams-shared-devices/

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-12-05T10:01:42+00:00

    Hi,

    My issue was resolved last week; I changed the license from Teams Shared to E3 addon Teams Standard One.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-12-05T09:54:06+00:00

    Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community. We are happy to assist you.

    We are looking into your situation, we will update the thread shortly.

    Appreciate your patience and understanding and thank you for your time and cooperation.

    Sincerely,

    Sherry | Microsoft Community Moderator

    Hi Is there a solution for this issue?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-20T13:48:59+00:00

    This fixed also my problem, thanks you @Da Jinu Varghese!

    I had to insist heavily on my IT provider as Microsoft was answering them that a new release of the app would fix it - but everytime a date for a new release was announced, it was not happening.

    At the end I had to force them to switch my licence, then I has to delete all the data from the app on my device, reconnect and it was ok.

    How weird it is that iPhone user are not affected, but just Android users? Microsoft support on this issue is clearly disappointing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-20T08:37:29+00:00

    Not really... the shared one is cheaper & contains Exchange Plan 2 (unlimited archive) for some reason.

    I also think it contains Intune... not sure though...

    Okay right, I couldn’t even find proper documentation from Microsoft as to what the license included.

    The price is the same through the CSP we use.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments