[SOLVED] MS teams displays the wrong time (timezone)

Anonymous
2023-06-06T07:01:14+00:00

Ive been having this issue since i started using teams. The correct timezone for me is CEST (Central European Summer Time). For some reason, Teams always displays the wrong time although in my MS Account the timezone and language settings are correct. Also, for people that work in the same office, Teams shows me that they apparently are in the same timezone..???? How can i resolve this?

OS: MacOS Ventura 13.4

Teams Version 1.6.00.11156.

Thanks!

My Profile:

Other People in the same office:

Solution in comments

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Settings | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-07-28T15:51:29+00:00

Hello,

I had the same issue and tried just about everything, including the troubleshooting steps provided here. I discovered a solution that worked for me.

  1. Go to Outlook website.
  2. Click the settings gear icon on the top right corner.
  3. Go to "General" in the left pane and then ensure you are viewing "Language and time".
  4. Click "Change" under "Time zone".
  5. In the newly-opened pane, under "Time zones", there should be a message saying your "meeting time" is set to a different time zone. Click "Yes, update" button to reconcile the time zones.
  6. Restart Teams.

Was this answer helpful?

500+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-11T13:22:14+00:00

    Hi

    I've been trying to solve similar issue. I've found that for each Team set up, I need to go into that team via Sharepoint, then click on the three dots between home and edit at the top.

    Then choose Site Contents

    You'll then have Site Settings cog towards the top right but not all way at top.

    Click Site Settings and you can change the REgional format.

    I've had to do this for each class Team I've set up to ensure the calendar invites have correct time. Very frustrating and difficult to find.

    Hope this helps someone.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-08-21T16:27:04+00:00

    This problem is absolutely not solved, Microsoft!! It is now August and people are still having this issue. I have tried literally every troublehshooting suggestion in the comments, and the last 2 are the only ones that had any effect on my time zone, and I only managed to move my working hours from 10-7 down to 9-6. Everything before 9am is showing as grayed out on my calendar, despite having meetings from 7am on, so anyone trying to schedule a meeting with me has no idea what my actual calendar looks like in the morning, which is a real issue because most of meetings are very early with Europe.

    Microsoft is such a joke.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-23T00:43:13+00:00

    Hi all,

    I am also facing the same problems, still remain unsolved. Anyone that can assist?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-08-29T14:14:05+00:00

    This did not work for me. I do not see any warning message as posted.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments