[SOLVED] MS teams displays the wrong time (timezone)

Anonymous
2023-06-06T07:01:14+00:00

Ive been having this issue since i started using teams. The correct timezone for me is CEST (Central European Summer Time). For some reason, Teams always displays the wrong time although in my MS Account the timezone and language settings are correct. Also, for people that work in the same office, Teams shows me that they apparently are in the same timezone..???? How can i resolve this?

OS: MacOS Ventura 13.4

Teams Version 1.6.00.11156.

Thanks!

My Profile:

Other People in the same office:

Solution in comments

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Settings | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-07-28T15:51:29+00:00

Hello,

I had the same issue and tried just about everything, including the troubleshooting steps provided here. I discovered a solution that worked for me.

  1. Go to Outlook website.
  2. Click the settings gear icon on the top right corner.
  3. Go to "General" in the left pane and then ensure you are viewing "Language and time".
  4. Click "Change" under "Time zone".
  5. In the newly-opened pane, under "Time zones", there should be a message saying your "meeting time" is set to a different time zone. Click "Yes, update" button to reconcile the time zones.
  6. Restart Teams.

Was this answer helpful?

500+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-02-27T15:20:07+00:00

    I didn't see the "meeting hours" message, but I do have the same problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-11T14:29:56+00:00

    My rooms and the user system seem to be setup. The issue is not the users account. The issue is when i add a Teams Room that is listed in the same time zone in the configurations, it says in the team calendar invited that the room is in a different time zone. I have checked all the pieces of the room configuration and even in the room it says it is Eastern Time. But it shows in the calendar when you add it to a meeting as pacific. All of my meeting rooms show this way. One important note, When you use outlook client, you don't get this issue. In the outlook client the rooms are all the same Eastern. When you are in TEAMS application and go to calendar that is when you get a note that

    The room is in a different time zone. Use the Scheduling Assistant to find time across time zones.

    Where is this setting? I don't see anything that is set to pacific for the rooms. all the rooms have this isssue so i clearly have something set that is not right.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-13T05:22:58+00:00

    I did the same, I changed the timezone to Sydney in Teams app and online, Outlook app and online. I even reached out to my admin and saw the timezone and location set to Sydney, Australia. We even checked in Azure and I restarted Teams, Outlook and the laptop several times now and my timezone on Teams STILL shows up as 18h ahead.

    I am on macbook and the timezone is set to Automatically based on my location and I even changed that and set manually to Sydney, Australia even then it didnt work and STILL shows as 18h ahead.

    We even tried and saved a different timezone (say Canada) and saved and restarted etc and then changed it back to Sydney, Australia and saved and restarted and its STILL showing 18h ahead.

    Now in the Teams I have seen the timezone option and the option to set the work hours, even there its set to UTC+10 hours Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney but the Teams STILL shows 18h ahead.

    At this point I am so frustrated and whenever any of my team members setup a meeting theyre always shown a warning that its out of my working hours etc. I think Teams and in general Microsoft products are utter ****. Even my admin is pulling his hair out why its like that and its not only me but several other people facing this issue.

    This post should not be marked as SOLVED because its NOT solved.

    Was this answer helpful?

    80+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-20T15:07:59+00:00

    I can confirm we're also experiencing this issue. It seems isolated to MacOS machines.

    We also checked the Microsoft365 timezone settings, and no box appeared to sync the times in the calendar to the timezone.

    This is not solved.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments