[SOLVED] MS teams displays the wrong time (timezone)

Anonymous
2023-06-06T07:01:14+00:00

Ive been having this issue since i started using teams. The correct timezone for me is CEST (Central European Summer Time). For some reason, Teams always displays the wrong time although in my MS Account the timezone and language settings are correct. Also, for people that work in the same office, Teams shows me that they apparently are in the same timezone..???? How can i resolve this?

OS: MacOS Ventura 13.4

Teams Version 1.6.00.11156.

Thanks!

My Profile:

Other People in the same office:

Solution in comments

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Settings | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-07-28T15:51:29+00:00

Hello,

I had the same issue and tried just about everything, including the troubleshooting steps provided here. I discovered a solution that worked for me.

  1. Go to Outlook website.
  2. Click the settings gear icon on the top right corner.
  3. Go to "General" in the left pane and then ensure you are viewing "Language and time".
  4. Click "Change" under "Time zone".
  5. In the newly-opened pane, under "Time zones", there should be a message saying your "meeting time" is set to a different time zone. Click "Yes, update" button to reconcile the time zones.
  6. Restart Teams.

Was this answer helpful?

500+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-07T04:07:54+00:00

    I have tried the above but still no luck. Will it take time to sync.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-21T23:36:06+00:00

    I found the solution that worked for me! I have tried everything and this one is the one that finally worked! The steps to follow:

    1. Sign in into Microsoft 365
    2. Click on your profile thumbnail on the bottom left of the page - 'My Microsoft 365 Profile"
    3. (under your profile pic and name) Click on 'Update your profile'.
    4. To find information about language and time zone I had to click on 'You can add more profile information here'. (It is possible that depends on your configuration you will see this info right away?).
    5. Click on the 3 dots to see the Language and Region options
    6. In the Regions section - select 'always use my personal settings'. This will unlock the Timezone selection.
    7. Update timezone selection to the right one.
    8. Save all an close.
    9. Quit teams and open again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-12-02T22:36:41+00:00

    I’ve been searching for a solution to this problem for so long, and your answer finally helped me. Thank you so much!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-14T15:27:05+00:00

    Thank you! The time settings on my teams has been off and it was driving me crazy. I checked my computer and online settings, all correct. I was closing teams and not using "quit". That finally fixed it, thanks for the tip!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments