[SOLVED] MS teams displays the wrong time (timezone)

Anonymous
2023-06-06T07:01:14+00:00

Ive been having this issue since i started using teams. The correct timezone for me is CEST (Central European Summer Time). For some reason, Teams always displays the wrong time although in my MS Account the timezone and language settings are correct. Also, for people that work in the same office, Teams shows me that they apparently are in the same timezone..???? How can i resolve this?

OS: MacOS Ventura 13.4

Teams Version 1.6.00.11156.

Thanks!

My Profile:

Other People in the same office:

Solution in comments

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Settings | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-07-28T15:51:29+00:00

Hello,

I had the same issue and tried just about everything, including the troubleshooting steps provided here. I discovered a solution that worked for me.

  1. Go to Outlook website.
  2. Click the settings gear icon on the top right corner.
  3. Go to "General" in the left pane and then ensure you are viewing "Language and time".
  4. Click "Change" under "Time zone".
  5. In the newly-opened pane, under "Time zones", there should be a message saying your "meeting time" is set to a different time zone. Click "Yes, update" button to reconcile the time zones.
  6. Restart Teams.

Was this answer helpful?

500+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-14T15:27:05+00:00

    Thank you! The time settings on my teams has been off and it was driving me crazy. I checked my computer and online settings, all correct. I was closing teams and not using "quit". That finally fixed it, thanks for the tip!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-04T02:56:25+00:00

    Mac 12.6.3 and desktop Teams will under no circumstance update time zone. How can a user be expected to use any of the time functionality or chat availability if you can't let us set our time zone?

    Please, a fix would be nice as I have no other choice but to use this application

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-11T13:22:14+00:00

    Hi

    I've been trying to solve similar issue. I've found that for each Team set up, I need to go into that team via Sharepoint, then click on the three dots between home and edit at the top.

    Then choose Site Contents

    You'll then have Site Settings cog towards the top right but not all way at top.

    Click Site Settings and you can change the REgional format.

    I've had to do this for each class Team I've set up to ensure the calendar invites have correct time. Very frustrating and difficult to find.

    Hope this helps someone.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-10T19:32:18+00:00

    I have the same problem, this did not fix for teams web or app.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments