Using Microsoft Teams on macOS, including installation, features, and compatibility
I have the same issue. I use Teams everyday and its making it difficult to work effectively.
Can Microsoft please prioritise this newly introduced bug
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
We've recently updated to new Teams and we are experiencing an issue when sharing a window in a meeting.
There is a green overlay on the window being shared for the viewers of the meeting. The person sharing the window cannot see the green overlay.
When sharing a full screen, the green overlay is not present.
Not all shared windows have a green overlay. Predominantly, apps such as Adobe, Microsoft, and Maxon are always affected.
This does not happen on a Mac with an M1 or later CPU, only on the Intel with discrete GPU models.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
We had opened a ticket with MS Support through our 365 tenant, however, they said there was no way to resolve this issue at present for macOS.
I did try the json editing using the Windows workaround, however the syntax for Mac is different to Windows.
Update 31/01/2025
Unfortunately, MS 365 tenant support could not assist with disabling the GPU overlay for new Teams for macOS. At this time it is impossible.
Pacifique sent me a PM to view my support ticket. He suggested I submit the ticket again and not mention the GPU causing the fault, which I have done.
The service agent suggested I try testing in Chrome to see if the issue can be replicated.
When first testing in Chrome, none of the green overlay was present in either Window mode or Full screen.
After the test in Chrome, testing the Desktop app again resulted in no green overlay.
Restarted the iMac.
Opened Chrome and the green overlay is present in both the Window mode and Full screen mode.
Teams Desktop app had the green overlay in Window mode, but not Full screen.
Update 13/03/2025
A new update has been released that resolves the issues in the Teams desktop app and through the web browser.
Thank you to all the Microsoft Support personnel and engineers who have helped resolve the issue.
A big thank you to Leon, who went above and beyond in getting the escalation that this ticket needed.
Using Microsoft Teams on macOS, including installation, features, and compatibility
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I have the same issue. I use Teams everyday and its making it difficult to work effectively.
Can Microsoft please prioritise this newly introduced bug
See also: this thread with the same issue reported
I'am having the same problem on an Intel iMac, see below for the specification.
Hello G_inIT,
Good day! Thank you for posting to the Microsoft Community. We'll be happy to help!
Based on your description, I understand that you are having issues with sharing certain windows in Teams meetings on Intel Macs with discrete GPU.
From your description I understand that you have already raised a ticket with Microsoft technical support on this issue, can you please share with me the ticket number so I can check the case history and contact the previous team to understand this issue.
For Privacy reasons, please share with me the case number via private message.
Below are the steps to View private messages:
Apologies for the inconvenience this is causing you again.
Thank you and I will be looking forward to your response.