Teams chats segregated into personal and meeting chats

Anonymous
2025-04-01T14:54:09+00:00

the person to person chats and meeting chats are now appearing under different tabs under Chat. I want to revert to the old way where all chats were in the same tab and not further segregated. Please help.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-06-04T10:01:52+00:00

    Certainly not me. I came here to find out how to merge them back together. Very disappointed with MS's constant and needless tinkering.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-06-04T11:53:16+00:00

    Agree: "Very disappointed with MS's constant and needless tinkering."

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-06-09T22:59:34+00:00

    Thank you for this work around!

    This is one of the dumbest changes seen in a while. Typical Microsoft response takes 7 paragraphs to say "Sorry, no going back". I'm not opposed to making an option to split, but keep the default combined view as an option.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Anonymous
    2025-06-13T17:19:24+00:00

    I turned off the filter to have all my chats show in one list, but is there a way to prevent merging of chats and call attendees? As an example, I was in a chat with 2 other trainers and we were discussing a retraining plan for a trainee.

    When it came time to call the trainee, I called the first trainer directly in teams and then added the second trainer during the call to keep it separate from the chat we just had. I did not call through the chat.

    When we were all on a call and I added the trainee, BUT they had access to our prior chat history with the other two trainers even though it was done completely separate! As a note, I DID NOT click anything to share the chat history.

    Is there a way to turn this off so it doesn't automatically populate a chat history when the same people are in the call and someone new is added?

    If we wanted the trainee to be in the chat, we would have added them to the chat and called through the chat.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments