Teams chats segregated into personal and meeting chats

Anonymous
2025-04-01T14:54:09+00:00

the person to person chats and meeting chats are now appearing under different tabs under Chat. I want to revert to the old way where all chats were in the same tab and not further segregated. Please help.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-04-15T01:23:02+00:00

    if you just click on the item you selected, you can turn it off in the teams view. In this example, unclick Chats above Favorites.

    OR, click the three dots by your image in the top right of teams., When you hover it says 'Settings and More', then click settings.
    on the left list click Chats and Channels, then turn off FILTERS.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-04-15T12:29:08+00:00

    This doesn't remove the segregation between chats and meeting chats. They are still separated and if anything, actually harder to find without the filter. I have to use the search feature to switch between meeting and regular chats.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-04-15T12:36:12+00:00

    did you UNCHECK the word Chats? That fixes it. Or turning off the filters so you do not accidentally check one of them.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-04-15T13:22:38+00:00

    did you UNCHECK the word Chats? That fixes it. Or turning off the filters so you do not accidentally check one of them.

    Thank you. Yes, I did UNCHECK the Chats first.

    Turning off the filter does not show meeting chat in the regular Chats list, and therein is the problem. I have to search for it in the search bar. If the filters are turned on, I can click on the meeting chats so it switches the list to the meeting chats. Either method is annoying to me, and I fail to understand why Microsoft felt this was a beneficial change. What I would like them to do is restore us to the previous version.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-04-15T18:50:49+00:00

    Thank you. I must have looked right past that half a dozen times. It worked and it is back to the proper view

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments