Teams chats segregated into personal and meeting chats

Anonymous
2025-04-01T14:54:09+00:00

the person to person chats and meeting chats are now appearing under different tabs under Chat. I want to revert to the old way where all chats were in the same tab and not further segregated. Please help.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-04-10T01:43:52+00:00

    We solved this. Turn off the filters in settings and everything returns to normal.

    If this change is necessary, then allow us to pin meeting chats to the left part of the chats section (favorites; people chat; meeting chat) AND have the activity section show me the message. Instead I see an indication of a new message I cannot find. When I click on activity It does not show me the message and I have no idea where the message is. How is this an improvement?

    Thank you Kathy - this was so helpful. I just needed to deselect my current option and now all are included! Whew!

    This should be the recommended answer in my opinion.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-04-09T14:00:37+00:00

    We solved this. Turn off the filters in settings and everything returns to normal.

    If this change is necessary, then allow us to pin meeting chats to the left part of the chats section (favorites; people chat; meeting chat) AND have the activity section show me the message. Instead I see an indication of a new message I cannot find. When I click on activity It does not show me the message and I have no idea where the message is. How is this an improvement?

    Was this answer helpful?

    100+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-04-08T16:26:09+00:00

    HATE IT!!

    I need to see combined meeting chats and direct chats in my stream instead of hunting around an ineffective UI.

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-04-08T15:51:14+00:00

    This is not a good solution. I have numerous meeting chats and individual chats, all of which are important, and I cannot spend my day constantly switching views and hunting up and down the UI for some chat or activity that's popped up. Pinning and searching are lousy solutions. Microsoft needs an undo for the current version of Teams. I am so frustrated with how much more difficult my work day is now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-04-08T15:05:25+00:00

    I missed an important ask from a coworker because of this change. I tried to revert but am unable to

    I had an ongoing thread in a meeting chat, but now it's been segregated out from "Chats" to "Meeting Chats". I had no idea what was going on until today. Been trying to select both "Chats" and "Meeting Chats" together but they seem to be mutually exclusive! Why?!

    Additionally - now I don't know how to best update teams that I've easily communicated with in the past via meeting chats. Should I create a whole new group with all of them? Should I send it to the meeting chat and hope they regularly toggle between "Chats" and "Meeting Chats"? Do I need to send them a link to this forum to make sure they setup "Activity Feeds"?

    This feature has introduced a slew of uncertainty into corporate communication channels!

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments