Teams chats segregated into personal and meeting chats

Anonymous
2025-04-01T14:54:09+00:00

the person to person chats and meeting chats are now appearing under different tabs under Chat. I want to revert to the old way where all chats were in the same tab and not further segregated. Please help.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-07-15T07:29:03+00:00

    Thanks, that worked. But what is bizarre is why are MIcrosoft not advisng of that in this question??? Seems the users know their product more than MS do - ??

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-07-14T15:03:25+00:00

    This change has affected me negatively. I miss out on *important* notifications beacuse of this change. Segregating Chats from meetings and chats from Groups/Users slows down my efficiency, not improve it. Whatever the intention, users should be given the flexibility to avoid separating Meeting Chats from other chats.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-07-07T17:38:16+00:00

    Thank you! turning filters off in chat settings did the trick.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-07-07T12:51:53+00:00

    I agree this is so unhelpful. I also want to just see all the chats together. Then if for some reason you want to see meeting chats- I cant think why would- but if you did, that should just be a filter you apply temporarily.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-07-02T14:39:57+00:00

    I really don't understand how Microsoft think ... It was working before, I could see all my new messages as soon as they arrive. Now I lose 50% of my new messages all day !

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments