Additional chat-related features and issues within Microsoft Teams for business
Every time I cough. Unfortunately we were recently forced to move from Zoom, to the inferior Microsoft Teams and this gives me another reason to lament the transition.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
There is a previous issue with the same title but no solution seems to be in place.
During a meeting it is good practice to mute yourself unless you have to step into the conversation. When on mute this annoying message "Your microphone is muted" pops over and over again, blocking the view to participants and/or shared screen.
The proposed workarounds are not a practical solution since they imply to be fumbling around the devices settings again and again, so this is an issue I believe should be addressed as soon as possible. A simple banner in the interface with a crossed microphone would be far better than this and for sure far less anoying.
Thank you for your time.
Additional chat-related features and issues within Microsoft Teams for business
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Every time I cough. Unfortunately we were recently forced to move from Zoom, to the inferior Microsoft Teams and this gives me another reason to lament the transition.
Agree with this. This is still an issue - mic is verbally saying "microphone muted" everytime I mute/unmute. Literally interrupting the meeting I'm on everytime. Unbearable...please fix!
m.
Hi this is extremely late but I was having this same issue! It turns out that it has to do with your headset, NOT teams! Look up how to turn off voice assist for your headset. For example, I use Jabra Evolve2 40, so I had to press and hold both the voice button and volume up button which turned off the voice assist.
I was able to come up with a workaround, but it requires you to use a web browser to have the Teams meeting. (Fine for me as I'm on Linux and there isn't a native Linux version.)
First, I installed the TamperMonkey browser add-on. Then I created this script:
/*
==UserCSS==@name Hide Teams "your microphone is muted" popup@match https://teams.cloud.microsoft/*@version 1.0==/UserCSS==*/
div:has(> div > div > #ufd_content_DeviceSpeakWhileMuted) {display: none; }
This script works by simply hiding the popup. (So technically it still pops up, it's just invisible.) Once I enabled this script, I no longer saw this annoying popup appear every few seconds.
If TamperMonkey isn't available for your platform, there are alternatives that you might be able to use instead (FireMonkey, GreaseMonkey, etc.)
Thanks. Not sure I'll be able to create a script like this without admin privileges but I'll give it a try. Seems ridiculous to me that we have to take steps like this when Microsoft should solve this problem!
Generally we receive this notification when we use headphone or external microphone. The best way to stop these notification is to use mute button on your laptop or system (in my laptop it's f8)