How do I prevent the "Your microphone is muted" message?

Anonymous
2023-04-19T14:03:33+00:00

There is a previous issue with the same title but no solution seems to be in place.

During a meeting it is good practice to mute yourself unless you have to step into the conversation. When on mute this annoying message "Your microphone is muted" pops over and over again, blocking the view to participants and/or shared screen.

The proposed workarounds are not a practical solution since they imply to be fumbling around the devices settings again and again, so this is an issue I believe should be addressed as soon as possible. A simple banner in the interface with a crossed microphone would be far better than this and for sure far less anoying.

Thank you for your time.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-22T17:12:31+00:00

    Agree with this. This is still an issue - mic is verbally saying "microphone muted" everytime I mute/unmute. Literally interrupting the meeting I'm on everytime. Unbearable...please fix!

    m.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-12-19T08:22:58+00:00

    I disabled apps access to the microphone in Privacy Settings and this fixed the problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-23T15:02:16+00:00

    I have the same issue but if anything it is even more annoying: I am NOT muted but still get this error message.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-11T08:03:58+00:00

    It seems the designer purposely do this to annoy the web user for Microsoft Meeting. Therefore forcing user to use the application version. Sooo Annoying, please remove this message from the web version!

    Upset user.

    Was this answer helpful?

    100+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-09-20T20:33:57+00:00

    Hi,

    I muted my microphone (fn + F4) and the notifications stopped.

    Thanks for the suggestion, Unfortunately, it didn't work for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments