How do I prevent the "Your microphone is muted" message?

Anonymous
2023-04-19T14:03:33+00:00

There is a previous issue with the same title but no solution seems to be in place.

During a meeting it is good practice to mute yourself unless you have to step into the conversation. When on mute this annoying message "Your microphone is muted" pops over and over again, blocking the view to participants and/or shared screen.

The proposed workarounds are not a practical solution since they imply to be fumbling around the devices settings again and again, so this is an issue I believe should be addressed as soon as possible. A simple banner in the interface with a crossed microphone would be far better than this and for sure far less anoying.

Thank you for your time.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-11T01:50:36+00:00

    I was able to come up with a workaround, but it requires you to use a web browser to have the Teams meeting. (Fine for me as I'm on Linux and there isn't a native Linux version.)

    First, I installed the TamperMonkey browser add-on. Then I created this script:

    /*
    

    ==UserCSS==@name             Hide Teams "your microphone is muted" popup@match            https://teams.cloud.microsoft/*@version          1.0==/UserCSS==*/

    div:has(> div > div > #ufd_content_DeviceSpeakWhileMuted) {display: none; }

    This script works by simply hiding the popup. (So technically it still pops up, it's just invisible.) Once I enabled this script, I no longer saw this annoying popup appear every few seconds.

    If TamperMonkey isn't available for your platform, there are alternatives that you might be able to use instead (FireMonkey, GreaseMonkey, etc.)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-06-18T16:17:12+00:00

    Agree with this. This is still an issue - mic is verbally saying "microphone muted" everytime I mute/unmute. Literally interrupting the meeting I'm on everytime. Unbearable...please fix!

    m.

    Hi this is extremely late but I was having this same issue! It turns out that it has to do with your headset, NOT teams! Look up how to turn off voice assist for your headset. For example, I use Jabra Evolve2 40, so I had to press and hold both the voice button and volume up button which turned off the voice assist.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-05-17T09:55:30+00:00

    Every time I cough. Unfortunately we were recently forced to move from Zoom, to the inferior Microsoft Teams and this gives me another reason to lament the transition.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-05-14T06:14:23+00:00

    Oh, I didn't know there was an application for it too. Then the developer tools trick wouldn't work of course.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-05-08T14:11:48+00:00

    In the Teams application installed on the computer....

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments