How do I prevent the "Your microphone is muted" message?

Anonymous
2023-04-19T14:03:33+00:00

There is a previous issue with the same title but no solution seems to be in place.

During a meeting it is good practice to mute yourself unless you have to step into the conversation. When on mute this annoying message "Your microphone is muted" pops over and over again, blocking the view to participants and/or shared screen.

The proposed workarounds are not a practical solution since they imply to be fumbling around the devices settings again and again, so this is an issue I believe should be addressed as soon as possible. A simple banner in the interface with a crossed microphone would be far better than this and for sure far less anoying.

Thank you for your time.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-14T07:10:20+00:00

    Hi,

    I muted my microphone (fn + F4) and the notifications stopped.

    Thank you so much David, pop-up screen is so annoying and this is the easiest way to bypass it

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-09T14:28:46+00:00

    Not a solution, merely a workaround (works for me in Teams through browser):

    Open the dev console, identify the div showing this annoying popup, hide it by adding custom style: display:none!important.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-08T15:03:35+00:00

    2025 and they still haven't fixed this bug

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-07T17:15:59+00:00

    I'm on a customer meeting and this muted message has appeared non-stop distracted me from the meeting. Microsoft - please design better. It is a meeting platform, so stop disrupting meetings. I know I'm muted because I purposely muted myself. Your message is hiding content from the meeting.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-12-20T18:44:41+00:00

    Extremely Annoying and disturbing. If I talk to anyone or make a sound, while im staying mute in a teams call, it keeps popping up. And the msg is in passive voice ...your microphone is muted.

    Everytime makes me wonder if i forgot to mute by chance, and somebody muted me when my dog shouted. So un-intuitive of microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments