Additional chat-related features and issues within Microsoft Teams for business
OMG… Thank you!!!!!
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
There is a previous issue with the same title but no solution seems to be in place.
During a meeting it is good practice to mute yourself unless you have to step into the conversation. When on mute this annoying message "Your microphone is muted" pops over and over again, blocking the view to participants and/or shared screen.
The proposed workarounds are not a practical solution since they imply to be fumbling around the devices settings again and again, so this is an issue I believe should be addressed as soon as possible. A simple banner in the interface with a crossed microphone would be far better than this and for sure far less anoying.
Thank you for your time.
Additional chat-related features and issues within Microsoft Teams for business
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
OMG… Thank you!!!!!
I solved the issue in my computer. I went to System > Sound > Volume Mixer and found that there were TWO Microsoft Teams Apps (probably because of an update?) in there and I just muted one of them. I tried the first one and realized that it really muted the Teams app but when I only muted the 2nd one it looked like it didn't do "anything" but fixed my sound. Now Teams is able to identify when I am talking vs before that it was thinking that my speakers was actually me talking.
Its a classic from the worst software development compnay in the world. I have the same creepy issue,. I`m forced by the company to use O365 ****, other wise i would not use Teams ever, is the more bloated and redundant piece of software ever.
Of course if you mute the microphone via Teams it still listens to the microphone and if it detects noise it will show you a reminder that you're muted because it thinks you're trying to speak but forgot to un-mute. If I mute my microphone via system settings or set to a very low level that prevents the pop-up. Anyway, not being able to disable this "smartness" is beyond unreasonable.
Who thought it was a good idea to position it at the centre-top when if there's a screen being presented the primary speaker ends up in the centre-top and thus covered by this?!? Of course I'm muted, I'm trying to listen!
Yes, if they insist on not removing this amazing annoyance, they could at least make it drag-able so you can move it out of the way and/or have a close button that prevents it from re-opening. This thing is more annoying than Clippy! :-(