How do I prevent the "Your microphone is muted" message?

Anonymous
2023-04-19T14:03:33+00:00

There is a previous issue with the same title but no solution seems to be in place.

During a meeting it is good practice to mute yourself unless you have to step into the conversation. When on mute this annoying message "Your microphone is muted" pops over and over again, blocking the view to participants and/or shared screen.

The proposed workarounds are not a practical solution since they imply to be fumbling around the devices settings again and again, so this is an issue I believe should be addressed as soon as possible. A simple banner in the interface with a crossed microphone would be far better than this and for sure far less anoying.

Thank you for your time.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-09-07T18:50:22+00:00

    I have the same issue - very annoying!

    Indhurani, your response does not address the issue. The only options for customizing notifications do not address this specific notification. In the settings for "Meetings and Calls" the only options are to

    • "Mute notifications during meetings and calls" toggle on/off. NOTE: Even if this is toggled to the "Off" position, the "Your microphone is muted" message pops up incessantly!
    • "Meeting started notification" dropdown for Banner or other options.
    • "Meeting chat notifications" dropdown for Mute until I join, etc.

    If MS Teams does not have a solution for this, they should add one!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    100+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-11T08:03:58+00:00

    It seems the designer purposely do this to annoy the web user for Microsoft Meeting. Therefore forcing user to use the application version. Sooo Annoying, please remove this message from the web version!

    Upset user.

    Was this answer helpful?

    100+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-02-13T17:24:09+00:00

    Same for me. So freaking annoying. I know I'm muted, I'm the one who clicked the button. As a UI dev myself, stop trying to force crappy UI on us, Teams product managers.

    Was this answer helpful?

    80+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-09-19T07:53:47+00:00

    Hi,

    I muted my microphone (fn + F4) and the notifications stopped.

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-02-01T03:24:37+00:00

    So, it is 1st of February and Microsoft still hasn't got a fixed to this bug.

    Just to confirmed, it really is affecting our work productivity.

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments