unable to copy and paste a Teams message that includes the sender's name and time.

Anonymous
2024-08-20T21:59:54+00:00

The Teams message with the sender name and time cannot be copied and pasted. Two week ago, I was able to do it. I want a copy of the text along with the sender name and time. same problem on both web browsers and desktop versions

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Group chats

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-08-20T23:57:57+00:00

Dear Gilgen,

Good day!

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community. We are glad to assist!

Based on your description regarding "unable to copy and paste a Teams message that includes the sender's name and time." My sincerest apologies for the inconvenience this might be causing you, after thorough testing, I reproduced your issue at my side. It could be Microsoft changed something at backend. I will report it to replated team. The Workaround I found is to hold mouse for selecting the message with Time Stamp and name of the person you want then use CTRL+C for copy and CTRL+V for paste while you are still holding mouse. Therefore, I will update this thread as soon as I get more detail information about the query and fix.

Also, if you have the organization admin permission, you can also raise a service request to report this symptom to our online channel through the O365 admin center. A support agent can further connect with you remotely, for further troubleshooting and involve the backend team where need be. Get support for Microsoft 365 for business -- Online support. I will also revert back when I get more info on this. Your patience and cooperation are much appreciated. Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Inema |Community Moderator

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-30T17:50:11+00:00

    This currently doesn't work. It does not copy the name and time of the conversation. This needs to be corrected.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-26T16:40:43+00:00

    It is not specified in the request, but I think this feature make sense when you copy only ONE message.

    Example : a colleague send me a message with just an ID. Before this feature, when I copy this ID, I have the sender with. I don't want that.

    But of course, when I copy a conversation, I need to know who sent what. Without that, the conversation is unreadable.

    To be logical, the sender should always appear when multiple messages are selected. And when only one is selected, then we should be able to select the sender or not.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-09-26T10:41:44+00:00

    Adding myself to the list of Teams users extremely dissatisfied with this change. The reason I found this thread is because I google searched "no longer able to copy and paste Teams chat with sender info"! This has been impacting me at work as I'm constantly copying and pasting then following up with "from John" and "see what I replied". On what planet was this a useful update? Why would you copy and paste a message without including who is from and when it was sent?!?

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-09-20T18:31:15+00:00

    This is a very bad change. I cannot imagine anyone wanting to copy a conversation without the details of who said what. PLEASE roll this back. it is truly awful.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments