unable to copy and paste a Teams message that includes the sender's name and time.

Anonymous
2024-08-20T21:59:54+00:00

The Teams message with the sender name and time cannot be copied and pasted. Two week ago, I was able to do it. I want a copy of the text along with the sender name and time. same problem on both web browsers and desktop versions

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Group chats

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-08-20T23:57:57+00:00

Dear Gilgen,

Good day!

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community. We are glad to assist!

Based on your description regarding "unable to copy and paste a Teams message that includes the sender's name and time." My sincerest apologies for the inconvenience this might be causing you, after thorough testing, I reproduced your issue at my side. It could be Microsoft changed something at backend. I will report it to replated team. The Workaround I found is to hold mouse for selecting the message with Time Stamp and name of the person you want then use CTRL+C for copy and CTRL+V for paste while you are still holding mouse. Therefore, I will update this thread as soon as I get more detail information about the query and fix.

Also, if you have the organization admin permission, you can also raise a service request to report this symptom to our online channel through the O365 admin center. A support agent can further connect with you remotely, for further troubleshooting and involve the backend team where need be. Get support for Microsoft 365 for business -- Online support. I will also revert back when I get more info on this. Your patience and cooperation are much appreciated. Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Inema |Community Moderator

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-04-02T06:12:05+00:00

    Arthur, there are several of these threads on this same issue with hundreds of comments. Microsoft doesn't care about the user experience or the harm this regression has caused all of us.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-04-02T04:49:12+00:00

    Hello Inema,

    It has now been 3 weeks since I asked to escalate this issue.

    I have neither received a response from Microsoft, nor has the problem been resolved.

    Is this not the correct forum to report issues with Microsoft Teams?

    If it is not, would you please advise where this should be logged instead?

    Thank you and kind regards,

    Arthur.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-19T12:17:33+00:00

    when copying and posting to a word document you need to take your finger off the mouse to click into the word doc.

    This doesn't seem to work.

    for a time we could copy and keep mouse down but now we can't

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-02-28T15:40:37+00:00

    It still does not copy the time stamps. I need those time stamps. In addition, this was not an issue with the classic version of Teams. This new version of teams doesn't feel like an upgrade. More like a downgrade!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments