How to increase font size on new TEAMS app?

Anonymous
2023-12-05T17:52:58+00:00

Since I updated to the new TEAMS app, my font size is incredibly small. The "zoom" setting in the top right corner doesn't change the overall display - it only makes the minimize/close buttons larger. There is no font size setting anywhere. Adjusting my computer settings does nothing, either. Please help!

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Settings | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-01-16T14:17:14+00:00

In the upper right corner you should see your profile/avatar icon. To the left of that are 3 dots. Click on the dots, and adjust that Zoom setting there. It should affect the entire app, not just a single conversation thread. The icon on the right of the +/-, will reset the zoom level.

Good luck!

Was this answer helpful?

300+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-02-29T15:13:13+00:00

    I use both Mac and PC. That Ctrl+Mouse wheel feature is common across other apps though.

    It drives me nuts sometimes. My wheel keeps spinning for a second after I take my finger off. Sometimes I hit Ctrl for another purpose and my font suddenly shrinks or gets large because my wheel is still spinning.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-02-29T15:00:30+00:00

    Hello Everyone.

    I think the issue is related to Windows 11 and not just Teams. I also find File Explorer tiny too. Perhaps the MS Engineers have better eyesight.

    Does anyone know how we can get this question elevated to a Microsoft person?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-02-29T14:48:50+00:00

    Reading comprehension? I was posting what worked on my PC and Mac. Control + Mouse Wheel allowed me to increase the font size in all my windows.

    Of course I checked this morning and my Teams copies have been updated on both computers so that zoom actually works. Your copy may have not been updated yet.

    I am not a Microsoft employee and a lot of people who post answers here are not either. I am just a random guy on the internet. I just can tell you what works for me. If you are still having problems something may be broken on your system and an actual Microsoft support rep might have access to internal support information that might help. I personally don't have access to that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-02-29T04:06:25+00:00

    What type of OS are you on? I was on a mac and it truly drove me crazy if my hand brush against the Ctrl key while i was trying to scroll. It would shrink down to the size of a mole on the back of a flea.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments