How to increase font size on new TEAMS app?

Anonymous
2023-12-05T17:52:58+00:00

Since I updated to the new TEAMS app, my font size is incredibly small. The "zoom" setting in the top right corner doesn't change the overall display - it only makes the minimize/close buttons larger. There is no font size setting anywhere. Adjusting my computer settings does nothing, either. Please help!

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Settings | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-01-16T14:17:14+00:00

In the upper right corner you should see your profile/avatar icon. To the left of that are 3 dots. Click on the dots, and adjust that Zoom setting there. It should affect the entire app, not just a single conversation thread. The icon on the right of the +/-, will reset the zoom level.

Good luck!

Was this answer helpful?

300+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-02-15T16:11:59+00:00

    With Teams on both Windows and Mac I can hold down the Ctrl key and then use the mouse wheel to increase or decrease all the font sizes.

    It's frustrating that there is no visible indicator how to do that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    70+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-08T14:04:45+00:00

    Hello,

    There is zoom property under ...
    Could you try it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-17T13:44:02+00:00

    Hi Myk;

    The font and everything else in New Teams (and in all of Window 11 -IMHO) is too small. Way too small.

    I have adjusted the scaling in Windows 11, which makes some items bigger, but for the most part only messes up the app's "look" - buttons overlap or stack, app menu jumble together and I spend a lot of time zooming in and out.

    New Teams is especially frustrating. When the zoom size is big enough for me to read, the Chat panel is hidden. I have to move Teams to a new monitor, zoom to 100%, full screen the app and then move it back to the smaller monitor where I want it.

    Is there a solution, other than zoom or windows scaling that can be used to resolve this issue?

    I am going blind due to Microsoft...

    ~ Red

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-02-29T00:35:40+00:00

    <removed - COC violation>

    Zoom doesn't work, no matter how you access it. Trust me, I tried. The only thing that will fix it is to exit the program, then restart it. If that doesn't work, a reboot should. My guess is that this happens when they change something (The matrix is real? :D ). It's usually broken when I get to my computer first thing in the morning (I don't generally log out or shut down).

    So. Changing the zoom or font size is not an answer. We've told you that. Doesn't work.

    Thank you for your restraint in this matter.

    -Grumpy Karen

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments