Force New Teams to open in Chat view, not Teams

Anonymous
2023-12-27T14:32:02+00:00

Old Teams would open up on the Chat view panel whenever I started it.

New Teams always opens in the Teams view panel when i start it.

I can find no setting to pick which view panel should open when the program is started.

To be clear, I do have the program set to keep running, and when i open it from the dock, it will open in whatever the last view i had open was. The problem is on fresh starts of the program, I can't force it to always start in the Chat view.

Is there a registry change or something that can be made to force the program to always open in the Chat view (or to set any view as default for that matter)?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-25T17:27:30+00:00

    That would be great, i wonder if there's anyone reading this that could make that happen 🤔

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-25T18:11:44+00:00

    Hello Microsoft - It seems this is still an ongoing request and a lot of people are wondering that maybe 6 months later we have some answers? It seems that everyone uses Teams for a different main purpose hence their request to have an auto-open option to a specific spot upon start up. I prefer Chats, some want Channels, and others would like Calls. To me, is seems to be an easy coding issue in the background. Get on it Microsoft! :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-01T13:52:17+00:00

    YES!! So many privacy issues this could compromise besides being awkward!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-08-09T12:56:14+00:00

    Agree!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-08-14T14:41:31+00:00

    If it was part of the Classic TEAMS, it should be part of the NEW Teams. My department (and probably my institution) utilizes the CHAT feature more than messaging in Teams, unless is it project related. I like when Teams opens each time where I left off when it was last closed. This seems like it would be a standard feature, yet here we are, almost 8 months later, and no update. Not even a information of where it might be in the project timeline.

    Taking features away is never a good thing.

    Sandi

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments