Force New Teams to open in Chat view, not Teams

Anonymous
2023-12-27T14:32:02+00:00

Old Teams would open up on the Chat view panel whenever I started it.

New Teams always opens in the Teams view panel when i start it.

I can find no setting to pick which view panel should open when the program is started.

To be clear, I do have the program set to keep running, and when i open it from the dock, it will open in whatever the last view i had open was. The problem is on fresh starts of the program, I can't force it to always start in the Chat view.

Is there a registry change or something that can be made to force the program to always open in the Chat view (or to set any view as default for that matter)?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-13T17:29:43+00:00

    Same issue. I don't want to select my Teams App and have the window open to Chat, which I rarely use. I want to go right to our Teams meeting. Microsoft -- pay attention to your customers!

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-16T12:34:52+00:00

    My organization has now developed its own 'start page' app in Teams and somehow configured Teams to always open to that intranet site. The interesting bit is I am not allowed to uninstall the app. So there must an admin setting somewhere to force a start page? Employees here are upset by the intrusion (the app truly provides superficial/generalized information and is of little value). Seems we could have circumvented our misguided company by allowing users to configure their own start page or app. Ah well.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-16T21:19:54+00:00

    Same issue in reverse, up until last week it would open in chat (desired result), this week it started opening in the organisation's home page (intranet).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-23T12:08:54+00:00

    I'm sure this has already been stated, but this is not a new feature. This was a part of the old Teams and should've been carried over to the new Teams since we have been forced to switch. It hinders efficiency and wastes time and mouse clicks. Please add an option to have Teams open in the CHAT view.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-25T14:15:53+00:00

    So I am hearing a consensus here that everyone uses it for a different main purpose and so Microsoft needs to add an auto-open option for where to be when starting up teams. I prefer Chats, some want Channels, and others would like Calls. Get on it Microsoft! :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments