Force New Teams to open in Chat view, not Teams

Anonymous
2023-12-27T14:32:02+00:00

Old Teams would open up on the Chat view panel whenever I started it.

New Teams always opens in the Teams view panel when i start it.

I can find no setting to pick which view panel should open when the program is started.

To be clear, I do have the program set to keep running, and when i open it from the dock, it will open in whatever the last view i had open was. The problem is on fresh starts of the program, I can't force it to always start in the Chat view.

Is there a registry change or something that can be made to force the program to always open in the Chat view (or to set any view as default for that matter)?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-05-23T17:13:23+00:00

    Changing HKCU:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Teams

    StartPage to 1 had the affect of opening where I last closed.

    I haven't tried to see what happens after a reboot yet.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-05-23T17:58:53+00:00

    That didn't work, sadly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-05-23T18:31:56+00:00

    That worked until I rebooted. I'm asking our system admin if they'd be willing to make that change.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-05-24T18:17:19+00:00

    Unfortunately, this didn't work for me.

    Microsoft = 1,000,000,000 Me=0

    Changing HKCU:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Teams

    StartPage to 1 had the affect of opening where I last closed.

    I haven't tried to see what happens after a reboot yet.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-08T15:05:54+00:00

    Bumping this thread in hopes that Microsoft will see that a number of users would like the choice of how their applications work. In all honesty, if work didn't force this app upon me, I wouldn't use it for its lack of customization options.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments