Force New Teams to open in Chat view, not Teams

Anonymous
2023-12-27T14:32:02+00:00

Old Teams would open up on the Chat view panel whenever I started it.

New Teams always opens in the Teams view panel when i start it.

I can find no setting to pick which view panel should open when the program is started.

To be clear, I do have the program set to keep running, and when i open it from the dock, it will open in whatever the last view i had open was. The problem is on fresh starts of the program, I can't force it to always start in the Chat view.

Is there a registry change or something that can be made to force the program to always open in the Chat view (or to set any view as default for that matter)?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-06T09:50:12+00:00

    I have the opposite problem. Mine now opens to my chat tab and not teams. It takes a while to open so i walk away, and when i come back my chat is open for anyone to read on all the TV's in the room. This could get really awkward if someone reads a chat not meant for them. I have to remember to turn the TV's off first. :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-02-06T11:27:51+00:00

    Same thing happens for me....how do I change this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-02-02T16:28:27+00:00

    Funny thing is: I have the same problem, but the other way around. New Teams opens in Chat for me, while I would like it to open in the Teams view.

    I have the same problem as "Christiaan Lustig." The Classic version would open to the Team channel and New Teams opens to the Chat channel which I hate because we don't use Teams primarily for chat.

    I also have this issue. I don't use Chat much and have Teams phones, so I would like to open in Calls. But I have no option that I can find to designate what I want in front when I open Teams.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-24T19:04:24+00:00

    Funny thing is: I have the same problem, but the other way around. New Teams opens in Chat for me, while I would like it to open in the Teams view.

    I have the same problem as "Christiaan Lustig." The Classic version would open to the Team channel and New Teams opens to the Chat channel which I hate because we don't use Teams primarily for chat.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-24T13:22:33+00:00

    The new teams needs to have a way to open to the chat function. I tried to go to the url of the community and post a reply, but it says I'm not signed in and gives me an error when trying to sign in. I'm signed in to create this reply!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments