Force New Teams to open in Chat view, not Teams

Anonymous
2023-12-27T14:32:02+00:00

Old Teams would open up on the Chat view panel whenever I started it.

New Teams always opens in the Teams view panel when i start it.

I can find no setting to pick which view panel should open when the program is started.

To be clear, I do have the program set to keep running, and when i open it from the dock, it will open in whatever the last view i had open was. The problem is on fresh starts of the program, I can't force it to always start in the Chat view.

Is there a registry change or something that can be made to force the program to always open in the Chat view (or to set any view as default for that matter)?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-27T20:38:46+00:00

    I'm still using the old Teams (having switched back because of the exact problem reported by the OP here), and I just checked Settings -> General. I don't see any such setting. Can you clarify what it was called, or the like, in case I'm just missing it?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-27T12:19:49+00:00

    Old teams had a setting in the General tab that let users change how teams open up on start. From either the Chat or Teams tab. Why would the dev team remove this function from new teams is very strange. I really hope the add that function back as we use teams chat for all work communication.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-26T14:42:36+00:00

    Totally agree, also new teams crashes constantly on me

    Never with end users in mind

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-19T01:37:45+00:00

    As always, and once again, Microsoft "fixed" something that wasn't broken. They never seem to understand that users prefer to set up an application to meet their specific needs and how they manage their workflow. Then, along comes a "New and Exciting" update that messes everything up.

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-03-07T16:34:12+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments