Force New Teams to open in Chat view, not Teams

Anonymous
2023-12-27T14:32:02+00:00

Old Teams would open up on the Chat view panel whenever I started it.

New Teams always opens in the Teams view panel when i start it.

I can find no setting to pick which view panel should open when the program is started.

To be clear, I do have the program set to keep running, and when i open it from the dock, it will open in whatever the last view i had open was. The problem is on fresh starts of the program, I can't force it to always start in the Chat view.

Is there a registry change or something that can be made to force the program to always open in the Chat view (or to set any view as default for that matter)?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-24T15:56:52+00:00

    Please Microsoft, give us an option that when Teams launches you can pick Chat or Teams or Calls.

    I would like Teams to open the Teams channels, not chat.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-12T08:02:31+00:00

    Isn't it strange how it does open on Chat for some people? I wonder what's different in their settings to those that open to Teams? I would like it to open to Chat but get Teams? Someone mentioned that you can select Teams for the default Chat option, maybe that's relevant? Does anyone know how to do that? Maybe it's to do with the device settings rather than those in Teams?

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-08T23:46:31+00:00

    Yes, exactly. For some reason Microsoft and many other software developers don't seem to understand that users prefer to set things up their own way. The best software has numerous options to revise the interface to match various working styles. And for gawd sakes, DON'T remove options that users have gotten used to!

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-08T21:47:23+00:00

    Hi. I would also like a setting to determine what window "new Teams" opens up to. I would like mine to open up to the Chat, but it doesn't, it opens up to Teams. It would be great to have the option to choose.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-03-28T12:26:48+00:00

    I believe Microsoft updated the classic Teams function to default to chat which is why you see the added chat layout option in the general settings. But in the past, there was a check box that said register teams as chat app which would default it to load on chat on startup.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments