Additional features, settings, or issues not covered by specific Microsoft Teams categories
Me too
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Old Teams would open up on the Chat view panel whenever I started it.
New Teams always opens in the Teams view panel when i start it.
I can find no setting to pick which view panel should open when the program is started.
To be clear, I do have the program set to keep running, and when i open it from the dock, it will open in whatever the last view i had open was. The problem is on fresh starts of the program, I can't force it to always start in the Chat view.
Is there a registry change or something that can be made to force the program to always open in the Chat view (or to set any view as default for that matter)?
Additional features, settings, or issues not covered by specific Microsoft Teams categories
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Me too
Microsoft, please give us back the option to use the interface how we prefer, not you guessing how the user wants to work...
Thank you, annoyed user of many 'new' 'enhanced' Microsoft products.
Exactly. The developers don't seem to get this. Give us options!
I agree Blair, it's very strange! let us know if you find the magic answer 😂
It's just so weird that some of us open in Chat, some in Teams. There MUST be a setting somewhere telling Teams what to open up to, otherwise we'd all have the same experience. So the big question is... where is that setting? Most likely a registry entry that we could potentially change. I DO see an entry called StartPage.
I have the problem that I prefer to open a Team NOT chat - we don't use chat feature at all.
So annoying.
Microsoft, please give us back the option to use the interface how we prefer, not you guessing how the user wants to work...
Thank you, annoyed user of many 'new' 'enhanced' Microsoft products.