Additional features, settings, or issues not covered by specific Microsoft Teams categories
Agree!
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Old Teams would open up on the Chat view panel whenever I started it.
New Teams always opens in the Teams view panel when i start it.
I can find no setting to pick which view panel should open when the program is started.
To be clear, I do have the program set to keep running, and when i open it from the dock, it will open in whatever the last view i had open was. The problem is on fresh starts of the program, I can't force it to always start in the Chat view.
Is there a registry change or something that can be made to force the program to always open in the Chat view (or to set any view as default for that matter)?
Additional features, settings, or issues not covered by specific Microsoft Teams categories
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Agree!
YES!! So many privacy issues this could compromise besides being awkward!
Hello Microsoft - It seems this is still an ongoing request and a lot of people are wondering that maybe 6 months later we have some answers? It seems that everyone uses Teams for a different main purpose hence their request to have an auto-open option to a specific spot upon start up. I prefer Chats, some want Channels, and others would like Calls. To me, is seems to be an easy coding issue in the background. Get on it Microsoft! :)
That would be great, i wonder if there's anyone reading this that could make that happen 🤔
So I am hearing a consensus here that everyone uses it for a different main purpose and so Microsoft needs to add an auto-open option for where to be when starting up teams. I prefer Chats, some want Channels, and others would like Calls. Get on it Microsoft! :)