Force New Teams to open in Chat view, not Teams

Anonymous
2023-12-27T14:32:02+00:00

Old Teams would open up on the Chat view panel whenever I started it.

New Teams always opens in the Teams view panel when i start it.

I can find no setting to pick which view panel should open when the program is started.

To be clear, I do have the program set to keep running, and when i open it from the dock, it will open in whatever the last view i had open was. The problem is on fresh starts of the program, I can't force it to always start in the Chat view.

Is there a registry change or something that can be made to force the program to always open in the Chat view (or to set any view as default for that matter)?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-11T19:15:51+00:00

    It's funny in a ridiculous way that you want it to open in CHAT and it opens in TEAMS while I want it to open in TEAMS and it opens in CHAT. So the fact that they took away the ability to chose how it behaves when opening is even more screwed up because it seems to be random on what it decides to open for each person....

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-11T19:06:41+00:00

    @Microsoft - is there an update on this issue? Users like myself would like to open NEW TEAMS to a particular area (Activity, Chat, Assignments, Calendar, Calls, etc, etc, etc). In my case, chat. But no, it opens in TEAMS which I never use at all.

    We had the option with CLASSIC TEAMS, now it's gone in NEW TEAMS. Since this NEW TEAMS is forced, please do not remove any features on the old version? Perhaps get a consensus from 1,000 users prior to making a change?

    Thanks in advance.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-14T15:35:06+00:00

    Changing it to 1 did exactly what I wanted, but because I work in a controlled environment (work) a reboot wiped out my change. I've asked our I.T. department if they could have it changed, and they said they couldn't. Typical. The answer is always "no" or "it can't be done."

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-08-14T15:19:09+00:00

    I guess here is some text/name expected (because of the type REG_SZ).

    Perhaps a name of the view (as Teams, Chat, ...)?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-08-14T14:41:31+00:00

    If it was part of the Classic TEAMS, it should be part of the NEW Teams. My department (and probably my institution) utilizes the CHAT feature more than messaging in Teams, unless is it project related. I like when Teams opens each time where I left off when it was last closed. This seems like it would be a standard feature, yet here we are, almost 8 months later, and no update. Not even a information of where it might be in the project timeline.

    Taking features away is never a good thing.

    Sandi

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments