Additional features, settings, or issues not covered by specific Microsoft Teams categories
I agree that there should be a way to select our default screen for the New Teams. Other than this matter I like the update.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Old Teams would open up on the Chat view panel whenever I started it.
New Teams always opens in the Teams view panel when i start it.
I can find no setting to pick which view panel should open when the program is started.
To be clear, I do have the program set to keep running, and when i open it from the dock, it will open in whatever the last view i had open was. The problem is on fresh starts of the program, I can't force it to always start in the Chat view.
Is there a registry change or something that can be made to force the program to always open in the Chat view (or to set any view as default for that matter)?
Additional features, settings, or issues not covered by specific Microsoft Teams categories
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I agree that there should be a way to select our default screen for the New Teams. Other than this matter I like the update.
Funny thing is: I have the same problem, but the other way around. New Teams opens in Chat for me, while I would like it to open in the Teams view.
Hi Jay C,
Good day.
Thank you for reaching out to Microsoft community.
I am writing to follow up on this thread. I am really appreciate your precious time.
According to the description, I and our team members have checked few things from our end, but currently there is not particular settings options available for new Teams experience so that it can open on Teams but not on Chat view.
==============================================================================
On the other side, in order to add or develop some specific features under the new Teams experience, the relevant Microsoft product team needs guidance from the users' side so that they can create a more convenient feature in the product for the users. To do this, would you mind sharing your valuable and unique ideas directly with our product design team via Microsoft feedback portal platform?
Here's the most recent example to understand the role of the product team based on user feedback:
Recently, our different product teams are still developing a lot of things in product services, such as the new Outlook, new Teams experience, and based on the different suggestions, our product developer team can conveniently design and develop new features and functions in the Different product experience so that all users can use the product in smooth way. But, to do this, we have to give very strong ideas to the product development team. Product teams are also comparing the proportion of user feedback and upvotes to make decisions to upgrade and develop products with more convenient feature options.
I'm sharing the URL link for the feedback portal so that users can directly send their valuable feedback and expertise to our product development team: Microsoft Teams · Community This feedback portal is also regularly reviewed by the relevant developer team to get feedback from users for product development. I will also give my opinion to this relevant team.
I will really appreciate your valuable cooperation.
Sincerely
Darpan
Dear Jay C7,
I hope this message finds you well!
Thank you for reaching out to the Microsoft Community. We appreciate your inquiry, and we are dedicated to assisting you promptly. Our team is actively reviewing your situation, and we will provide you with an update on the thread accordingly.
Your patience and understanding are valued, and we sincerely thank you for your time and cooperation.
If you have any further questions or concerns in the meantime, please feel free to let us know. We are here to help!
Best regards,
Ashraf.