Additional features, settings, or issues not covered by specific Microsoft Teams categories
Want to emphasize Sandra's excellent points - please just figure this out.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Old Teams would open up on the Chat view panel whenever I started it.
New Teams always opens in the Teams view panel when i start it.
I can find no setting to pick which view panel should open when the program is started.
To be clear, I do have the program set to keep running, and when i open it from the dock, it will open in whatever the last view i had open was. The problem is on fresh starts of the program, I can't force it to always start in the Chat view.
Is there a registry change or something that can be made to force the program to always open in the Chat view (or to set any view as default for that matter)?
Additional features, settings, or issues not covered by specific Microsoft Teams categories
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Want to emphasize Sandra's excellent points - please just figure this out.
My settings have always matched what you have shown, so I changed it and checked the New Window box. Logged out and back in again, only to have the exact same experience of TEAMS opening in a VERY RANDOM Team. I actually experimented with both buttons, and same result when I open teams.
FIX THIS! Look at OLD TEAMs and figure it out!
Such a simple request, open for a year now. "Your patience and understanding are valued" the dude said: our patience is valued, but not our feedback
No rhyme or reason!! Typical Microsoft. Who tested this! ;)-