Force New Teams to open in Chat view, not Teams

Anonymous
2023-12-27T14:32:02+00:00

Old Teams would open up on the Chat view panel whenever I started it.

New Teams always opens in the Teams view panel when i start it.

I can find no setting to pick which view panel should open when the program is started.

To be clear, I do have the program set to keep running, and when i open it from the dock, it will open in whatever the last view i had open was. The problem is on fresh starts of the program, I can't force it to always start in the Chat view.

Is there a registry change or something that can be made to force the program to always open in the Chat view (or to set any view as default for that matter)?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-05-24T18:17:19+00:00

    Unfortunately, this didn't work for me.

    Microsoft = 1,000,000,000 Me=0

    Changing HKCU:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Teams

    StartPage to 1 had the affect of opening where I last closed.

    I haven't tried to see what happens after a reboot yet.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-05-23T18:31:56+00:00

    That worked until I rebooted. I'm asking our system admin if they'd be willing to make that change.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-05-23T17:58:53+00:00

    That didn't work, sadly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-05-02T15:40:24+00:00

    I agree Blair, it's very strange! let us know if you find the magic answer 😂

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-05-02T15:28:37+00:00

    It's just so weird that some of us open in Chat, some in Teams. There MUST be a setting somewhere telling Teams what to open up to, otherwise we'd all have the same experience. So the big question is... where is that setting? Most likely a registry entry that we could potentially change. I DO see an entry called StartPage.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments