Force New Teams to open in Chat view, not Teams

Anonymous
2023-12-27T14:32:02+00:00

Old Teams would open up on the Chat view panel whenever I started it.

New Teams always opens in the Teams view panel when i start it.

I can find no setting to pick which view panel should open when the program is started.

To be clear, I do have the program set to keep running, and when i open it from the dock, it will open in whatever the last view i had open was. The problem is on fresh starts of the program, I can't force it to always start in the Chat view.

Is there a registry change or something that can be made to force the program to always open in the Chat view (or to set any view as default for that matter)?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-12-06T17:31:29+00:00

    Want to emphasize Sandra's excellent points - please just figure this out.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-12-06T14:30:38+00:00

    Such a simple request, open for a year now. "Your patience and understanding are valued" the dude said: our patience is valued, but not our feedback

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-14T15:19:09+00:00

    I guess here is some text/name expected (because of the type REG_SZ).

    Perhaps a name of the view (as Teams, Chat, ...)?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-08-09T12:56:14+00:00

    Agree!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-23T12:08:54+00:00

    I'm sure this has already been stated, but this is not a new feature. This was a part of the old Teams and should've been carried over to the new Teams since we have been forced to switch. It hinders efficiency and wastes time and mouse clicks. Please add an option to have Teams open in the CHAT view.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments