Force New Teams to open in Chat view, not Teams

Anonymous
2023-12-27T14:32:02+00:00

Old Teams would open up on the Chat view panel whenever I started it.

New Teams always opens in the Teams view panel when i start it.

I can find no setting to pick which view panel should open when the program is started.

To be clear, I do have the program set to keep running, and when i open it from the dock, it will open in whatever the last view i had open was. The problem is on fresh starts of the program, I can't force it to always start in the Chat view.

Is there a registry change or something that can be made to force the program to always open in the Chat view (or to set any view as default for that matter)?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-05-02T13:21:49+00:00

    I have the problem that I prefer to open a Team NOT chat - we don't use chat feature at all.

    So annoying.

    Microsoft, please give us back the option to use the interface how we prefer, not you guessing how the user wants to work...

    Thank you, annoyed user of many 'new' 'enhanced' Microsoft products.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-02-02T16:28:27+00:00

    Funny thing is: I have the same problem, but the other way around. New Teams opens in Chat for me, while I would like it to open in the Teams view.

    I have the same problem as "Christiaan Lustig." The Classic version would open to the Team channel and New Teams opens to the Chat channel which I hate because we don't use Teams primarily for chat.

    I also have this issue. I don't use Chat much and have Teams phones, so I would like to open in Calls. But I have no option that I can find to designate what I want in front when I open Teams.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-25T18:11:44+00:00

    Hello Microsoft - It seems this is still an ongoing request and a lot of people are wondering that maybe 6 months later we have some answers? It seems that everyone uses Teams for a different main purpose hence their request to have an auto-open option to a specific spot upon start up. I prefer Chats, some want Channels, and others would like Calls. To me, is seems to be an easy coding issue in the background. Get on it Microsoft! :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-13T17:29:43+00:00

    Same issue. I don't want to select my Teams App and have the window open to Chat, which I rarely use. I want to go right to our Teams meeting. Microsoft -- pay attention to your customers!

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-03-07T16:34:12+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments