Force New Teams to open in Chat view, not Teams

Anonymous
2023-12-27T14:32:02+00:00

Old Teams would open up on the Chat view panel whenever I started it.

New Teams always opens in the Teams view panel when i start it.

I can find no setting to pick which view panel should open when the program is started.

To be clear, I do have the program set to keep running, and when i open it from the dock, it will open in whatever the last view i had open was. The problem is on fresh starts of the program, I can't force it to always start in the Chat view.

Is there a registry change or something that can be made to force the program to always open in the Chat view (or to set any view as default for that matter)?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-24T15:56:52+00:00

    Please Microsoft, give us an option that when Teams launches you can pick Chat or Teams or Calls.

    I would like Teams to open the Teams channels, not chat.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-08T15:05:54+00:00

    Bumping this thread in hopes that Microsoft will see that a number of users would like the choice of how their applications work. In all honesty, if work didn't force this app upon me, I wouldn't use it for its lack of customization options.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-08T23:46:31+00:00

    Yes, exactly. For some reason Microsoft and many other software developers don't seem to understand that users prefer to set things up their own way. The best software has numerous options to revise the interface to match various working styles. And for gawd sakes, DON'T remove options that users have gotten used to!

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-06T09:50:12+00:00

    I have the opposite problem. Mine now opens to my chat tab and not teams. It takes a while to open so i walk away, and when i come back my chat is open for anyone to read on all the TV's in the room. This could get really awkward if someone reads a chat not meant for them. I have to remember to turn the TV's off first. :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-02-06T11:27:51+00:00

    Same thing happens for me....how do I change this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments