Additional features, settings, or issues not covered by specific Microsoft Teams categories
Funny thing is: I have the same problem, but the other way around. New Teams opens in Chat for me, while I would like it to open in the Teams view.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Old Teams would open up on the Chat view panel whenever I started it.
New Teams always opens in the Teams view panel when i start it.
I can find no setting to pick which view panel should open when the program is started.
To be clear, I do have the program set to keep running, and when i open it from the dock, it will open in whatever the last view i had open was. The problem is on fresh starts of the program, I can't force it to always start in the Chat view.
Is there a registry change or something that can be made to force the program to always open in the Chat view (or to set any view as default for that matter)?
Additional features, settings, or issues not covered by specific Microsoft Teams categories
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Funny thing is: I have the same problem, but the other way around. New Teams opens in Chat for me, while I would like it to open in the Teams view.
As always, and once again, Microsoft "fixed" something that wasn't broken. They never seem to understand that users prefer to set up an application to meet their specific needs and how they manage their workflow. Then, along comes a "New and Exciting" update that messes everything up.
I agree that there should be a way to select our default screen for the New Teams. Other than this matter I like the update.
Funny thing is: I have the same problem, but the other way around. New Teams opens in Chat for me, while I would like it to open in the Teams view.
I have the same problem as "Christiaan Lustig." The Classic version would open to the Team channel and New Teams opens to the Chat channel which I hate because we don't use Teams primarily for chat.
Old teams had a setting in the General tab that let users change how teams open up on start. From either the Chat or Teams tab. Why would the dev team remove this function from new teams is very strange. I really hope the add that function back as we use teams chat for all work communication.