Teams will not join a meeting

Anonymous
2022-11-03T12:24:47+00:00

Starting 2 days ago, on my mobile phone, Teams would join a meeting. The app says I need to allow the Phone permission. I have an Android. When I go to Setting, Applications, Teams and view the permissions for Teams, Phone is allowed. I have uninstalled and installed Teams, reset my phone but Teams does the same thing. I can use chat on my mobile and can join a meeting from my PC. Is there a special way to get this working again?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-11-07T16:01:21+00:00

    Hello All:

    So, this is what I did based on a suggestion by a prior user. I have a oneplus8T device which was having the issue reported and was not solved using any number of methods all suggested and generally performed such as install/ uninstall/reinstall etc.

    This is what solved it:

    1. Uninstall the teams app
    2. use apkpure to download the prior build from september 2022 and installed it.
    3. launched teams.
    4. did a test call. (worked just fine)
    5. Removed APKPure from my phone just to be safe.

    Everything worked just fine. I looked at some threads which said APKPure may not be safe, but some said it's safe. I had to get his working, so, I went ahead with it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-11-07T15:50:55+00:00

    Hi Abe, thank you. How did you go about installing the prior version? I am trying apkpure as suggested by another user, as a quick test. any guidance will be helpful.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-11-07T15:49:16+00:00

    Good morning all. I removed Teams from my Android Note20+ phone last week, when I was not able to make calls nor join meetings with the Permissions issue. This morning I reinstalled Teams, just to access my Calendar and Messages and..... just tried to call into my morning meeting and it worked! Nothing special, just reinstalled after removing Teams last Thursday-ish.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-11-07T15:44:27+00:00

    After spending multiple days attempting to resolve this, I found that uninstalling the app and then installing a previous version apk prior to 11/1 worked for me.
    Similar to this thread: Problems Joining meetings, keeps asking for phone permission on android tablet - Microsoft Community Hub

    There was also a suggestion to leave the beta version and wait for two hours before re-installing from the Google Play store that seemed to work for others. I did not try that option myself.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-11-07T15:36:54+00:00

    call Microsoft at (800) 865-9408 or admin.teams.microsoft.com

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments