Teams will not join a meeting

Anonymous
2022-11-03T12:24:47+00:00

Starting 2 days ago, on my mobile phone, Teams would join a meeting. The app says I need to allow the Phone permission. I have an Android. When I go to Setting, Applications, Teams and view the permissions for Teams, Phone is allowed. I have uninstalled and installed Teams, reset my phone but Teams does the same thing. I can use chat on my mobile and can join a meeting from my PC. Is there a special way to get this working again?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-11-07T17:05:29+00:00

    Same issue. Fix it microsoft!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-11-07T16:25:31+00:00

    Leave the BETA, uninstall, wait a few hours or a day and then reinstall. This is what worked for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-11-07T16:11:03+00:00

    A few have suggested uninstalling Teams and waiting a few hours before reinstalling to fixed the issue. This worked for me but I didn't wait, I reinstalled immediately. However I left the beta program last week, I don't if this made the difference.

    I hope this works for all that are having this issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-11-07T16:07:58+00:00

    Link to the version I installed to fix the issue (1416/1.0.0.2022395202). Again, I installed the arm64-v8a version. you will need to decide if your device uses Arm64 or requires a different architecture.

    https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/microsoft-corporation/microsoft-teams/microsoft-teams-1416-1-0-0-2022395202-release/

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-11-07T16:06:31+00:00

    Uninstalling and downgrading to an older version is the only thing that worked for me. Version 1416/1.0.0.2022412701 is the broken one (beta?) we are having issues with. The most recent version before the broken one that I could find is version 1416/1.0.0.2022395202 on apkmirror.com which seems to be late October 2022. Most smartphones will need the arm64-v8a version, but it depends on your architecture/device. This is the unfortunate part where you have to learn more to be able to downgrade.

    installing 1416/1.0.0.2022395202 works great. Disappointed that Microsoft is taking so long for a fix to 1416/1.0.0.2022412701.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments