Can I enable automatic transcription for meetings via a policy?

Anonymous
2024-03-08T16:08:16+00:00

I want to be able to enable automatic transcriptions on Microsoft Teams for a group of specific users in our organization.

The goal is to enable users with a Premium license to utilize the AI notes and transcription via a policy.

The issue is that users forget to start recording the meeting and forget to set up automatic recording in the meeting options prior.

I've tried creating a Meeting Template that will record meetings automatically which would work, except users have to remember to click that template when scheduling a meeting.

I feel like an option to "Automatically Record" and "Automatically Enable Transcription" would be beneficial to a lot of users.

That way we can just assign the policy globally or to a specific set of users.

If there is a way, I would love to learn more about it.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Record meetings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-31T15:26:03+00:00

    This, and Auto Recording each meetings functionality please

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-03T16:36:11+00:00

    I need this too. Come on Microsoft, you guys did not even reply?

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-27T20:07:47+00:00

    Pretty ridiculous that this has been out here for a year and MS has given no solution. I would like this as well.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-04T19:06:28+00:00

    agree this is needed as we have many times where we forget to toggle it manually.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-03-26T16:42:27+00:00

    I'm a normal user like all of you, but you have to realize that Microsoft Developers do NOT monitor these community threads, so No One from Microsoft who can do anything about this looks at this stuff. Microsoft has a feedback portal (and I can't remember where that is, I think it is in the Help or About section of the product) that you have to use to actually request stuff.

    I know it is frustrating to see a long thread never be responded to, but just so you know, you won't see it here unless it is a feature update that Microsoft makes, and another users sees the answer and posts about it here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments