Capturing audio, video, and screen content from Teams meetings for later review or sharing
zoom allows you to do this, after a meeting I get a recap with the key points of the meeting. Microsoft is lagging behind user experience.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I want to be able to enable automatic transcriptions on Microsoft Teams for a group of specific users in our organization.
The goal is to enable users with a Premium license to utilize the AI notes and transcription via a policy.
The issue is that users forget to start recording the meeting and forget to set up automatic recording in the meeting options prior.
I've tried creating a Meeting Template that will record meetings automatically which would work, except users have to remember to click that template when scheduling a meeting.
I feel like an option to "Automatically Record" and "Automatically Enable Transcription" would be beneficial to a lot of users.
That way we can just assign the policy globally or to a specific set of users.
If there is a way, I would love to learn more about it.
Capturing audio, video, and screen content from Teams meetings for later review or sharing
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
zoom allows you to do this, after a meeting I get a recap with the key points of the meeting. Microsoft is lagging behind user experience.
Teams allows you to get a transcript and/or recording of the meeting. The feature being requested here is that meetings default to transcripts.
To be fair, I suspect Microsoft is considering security and privacy (which isn't top of mind for Zoom, ever. Which is why I use Teams over Zoom).
Microsoft did just roll out automatically, turning off cameras and microphones until participants agreed to be recorded. I suspect they needed that feature to be added first before they could allow default on recording.
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
This is exactly what i would really want as well.
I do not get why there is no options that make this possible at the moment still!
Only "workaround" i can think of could possibly be a Teams Premium template (not actually sure if even this would enable you to be able to set that option while booking) -and even here users actively would have to use that template.
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more