Can I enable automatic transcription for meetings via a policy?

Anonymous
2024-03-08T16:08:16+00:00

I want to be able to enable automatic transcriptions on Microsoft Teams for a group of specific users in our organization.

The goal is to enable users with a Premium license to utilize the AI notes and transcription via a policy.

The issue is that users forget to start recording the meeting and forget to set up automatic recording in the meeting options prior.

I've tried creating a Meeting Template that will record meetings automatically which would work, except users have to remember to click that template when scheduling a meeting.

I feel like an option to "Automatically Record" and "Automatically Enable Transcription" would be beneficial to a lot of users.

That way we can just assign the policy globally or to a specific set of users.

If there is a way, I would love to learn more about it.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Record meetings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-29T11:50:51+00:00

    YES!!! We need the ability to have transcription on automatically. This would ensure we have access to the AI generated notes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-29T15:17:33+00:00

    I know it's an echo chamber in here, I haven't seen/heard anything from MS team but hoping our engagement helps prioritize this to the product/development/etc teams at MS, copilot, office, teams, office365, etc .

    Thanks, and fingers crossed we get what we want here!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-29T20:51:30+00:00

    This is sorely needed. I am not sure why this is not an option already as the simple failure of people remembering to enable transcription is reducing the value of Copilot to our org.

    Auto-starting transcription should be a policy-driven option. If there is a security or privacy risk simply add a disclaimer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-08-22T17:17:34+00:00

    I agree! There needs to be an auto transcribe feature. I still don't see it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-09-20T21:36:32+00:00

    vote for this function here: Enable Auto Recording/Transcription

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments