Can I enable automatic transcription for meetings via a policy?

Anonymous
2024-03-08T16:08:16+00:00

I want to be able to enable automatic transcriptions on Microsoft Teams for a group of specific users in our organization.

The goal is to enable users with a Premium license to utilize the AI notes and transcription via a policy.

The issue is that users forget to start recording the meeting and forget to set up automatic recording in the meeting options prior.

I've tried creating a Meeting Template that will record meetings automatically which would work, except users have to remember to click that template when scheduling a meeting.

I feel like an option to "Automatically Record" and "Automatically Enable Transcription" would be beneficial to a lot of users.

That way we can just assign the policy globally or to a specific set of users.

If there is a way, I would love to learn more about it.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Record meetings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-05-03T16:03:11+00:00

    I think the answer is no. You can turn on the ability to allow them to create transcripts, but they still have to ... More, record and transcribe, start transcription.

    I also want to do what you're saying, even if not firmwide. I think MS just haven't turned on the ability to have transcription on as default. I'd turn my own on if I could!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-05-29T03:50:40+00:00

    I was also hoping to do this as well. I know MS will probably be working on a co-pilot powered meeting notes/summarization, but I was wanting to go ahead an implement something. My idea was to add a certain azure AD user and when you add them to the meeting, it automatically transcribes. Then you can use API to get the transcript, ingest into LLM, then paste the results back into meeting chat. EZPZ.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-05-31T21:47:24+00:00

    Same issue. Please allow us to set transcription on for a group or user via policy. This is a major issue for copilot.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-14T14:23:29+00:00

    Hi All,

    Did anyone at MS ever reply to this? Is there any method to make this an explicit feature request so that it is queued for consideration/enablement?

    I'm not fully joking with this: Dear MS copilot, I am requesting that you create a ticket/request for feature enhancement to be considered by Teams/Copilot as per this thread, to enable users and/or admins to set all Teams meetings enabled for transcription by default (with the option to turn off manually).

    For all readers, if you think this helps raise profile of this question/request: please click "I have the same question" and/or "reply" and/or any other action that might help make this a priority or raise to the people at Microsoft MS Teams .

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-17T20:04:31+00:00

    Its been another month - still no update. Can Microsoft PLEASE add a toggle for automatic transcription? This is aver useful feature that should be very easy to implement

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments