Can I enable automatic transcription for meetings via a policy?

Anonymous
2024-03-08T16:08:16+00:00

I want to be able to enable automatic transcriptions on Microsoft Teams for a group of specific users in our organization.

The goal is to enable users with a Premium license to utilize the AI notes and transcription via a policy.

The issue is that users forget to start recording the meeting and forget to set up automatic recording in the meeting options prior.

I've tried creating a Meeting Template that will record meetings automatically which would work, except users have to remember to click that template when scheduling a meeting.

I feel like an option to "Automatically Record" and "Automatically Enable Transcription" would be beneficial to a lot of users.

That way we can just assign the policy globally or to a specific set of users.

If there is a way, I would love to learn more about it.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Record meetings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-08T19:28:30+00:00

    Hi,

    Thank you for posting on the forum today. I’m Bambi, a user like you and I’ll be happy to assist you.

    Yes, you can enable automatic transcription for meetings in Microsoft Teams via a policy. This setting is a combination of a per-organizer and per-user policy, which controls whether captions and transcription features are available during playback of Teams meeting recordings. Here’s how you can enable it: T Access the Teams Admin Center: Go to your Microsoft Teams admin account. Navigate to Meeting Policies: Select Meetings > Meeting policies. Modify the Policy: Scroll down to Audio & video and toggle on Allow transcription

    Here is a link for reference: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-US/microsoftteams/meeting-transcription-captions?ssp=1&setlang=en-GB&safesearch=moderate

    For more information about this feature, kindly contact the business support team as this forum is best for personal users. To do this, kindly sign in to the admin center https://admin.microsoft.com to raise a ticket that needs to be submitted by the Admin representative of the company account.

    Describe the issue and state your expected outcome then choose how you will like to be contacted either via email or call.

    Let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with.

    Best Regards, Bambi

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-25T14:47:08+00:00

    Hi,

    I have the same issue as OP. The method that you outlined @Bambi is just to *allow* transcription, but it still requires the user to enable transcription manually every time they join the meeting, or the organizer can enable transcription in settings when they create the meeting. Both of these are impractical and users will forget to enable the majority of the time.

    The question that Danny and I have relates to transcription being enabled *by default* for all meetings. So that it doesn't require manual transcription enabling in settings.

    If anyone has any tips for this question, please let me know!

    Thanks,

    Ronan

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-28T15:33:51+00:00

    Exactly! I forget to start transcription for Copilot for a majority of my meetings. Rather than a policy change, why can't you just make it a setting for each user to transcribe or record all meetings by default. They could override and turn it off when they don't want it but I typically want notes for more than half of my meetngs

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-29T19:39:19+00:00

    I'm looking for an answer to this too...

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-03T08:38:35+00:00

    Same situation here - @MSFT it would be really handy to get Transcripts created by default for every meeting.

    Thanks,

    Thomas

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments