Capturing audio, video, and screen content from Teams meetings for later review or sharing
Same issue. Please allow us to set transcription on for a group or user via policy. This is a major issue for copilot.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I want to be able to enable automatic transcriptions on Microsoft Teams for a group of specific users in our organization.
The goal is to enable users with a Premium license to utilize the AI notes and transcription via a policy.
The issue is that users forget to start recording the meeting and forget to set up automatic recording in the meeting options prior.
I've tried creating a Meeting Template that will record meetings automatically which would work, except users have to remember to click that template when scheduling a meeting.
I feel like an option to "Automatically Record" and "Automatically Enable Transcription" would be beneficial to a lot of users.
That way we can just assign the policy globally or to a specific set of users.
If there is a way, I would love to learn more about it.
Capturing audio, video, and screen content from Teams meetings for later review or sharing
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Same issue. Please allow us to set transcription on for a group or user via policy. This is a major issue for copilot.
I was also hoping to do this as well. I know MS will probably be working on a co-pilot powered meeting notes/summarization, but I was wanting to go ahead an implement something. My idea was to add a certain azure AD user and when you add them to the meeting, it automatically transcribes. Then you can use API to get the transcript, ingest into LLM, then paste the results back into meeting chat. EZPZ.
I think the answer is no. You can turn on the ability to allow them to create transcripts, but they still have to ... More, record and transcribe, start transcription.
I also want to do what you're saying, even if not firmwide. I think MS just haven't turned on the ability to have transcription on as default. I'd turn my own on if I could!
Hi there, our company is also trying to leverage CoPilot and are trying to turn transcription on as a company policy. This would be very helpful for our company. As a step in the right direction, is there an ability to turn on this setting at the individual user setting? Similar to how a user would be able to set 'Make this a Teams meeting' as a default when they schedule a meeting, is there a place we can check a box to make all meetings a user schedules has transcription turned on? The ability to turn on globally would be preferable :)
Seems like they would make this flexibility available under the Admin Center Teams/Policies. Hoping that's the way to do it, ad that makes it easy for MS to make this happen asap (turned off by default, admin needs to affirmatively activate).
Related: one of our users reported that they saw some kind of alert that transcription is on by default. The user is pretty unspecific so I don't know what that was... does anyone know what that might've been?