Can I enable automatic transcription for meetings via a policy?

Anonymous
2024-03-08T16:08:16+00:00

I want to be able to enable automatic transcriptions on Microsoft Teams for a group of specific users in our organization.

The goal is to enable users with a Premium license to utilize the AI notes and transcription via a policy.

The issue is that users forget to start recording the meeting and forget to set up automatic recording in the meeting options prior.

I've tried creating a Meeting Template that will record meetings automatically which would work, except users have to remember to click that template when scheduling a meeting.

I feel like an option to "Automatically Record" and "Automatically Enable Transcription" would be beneficial to a lot of users.

That way we can just assign the policy globally or to a specific set of users.

If there is a way, I would love to learn more about it.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Record meetings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-12-28T23:28:48+00:00

    Following. We also would LOVE this feature!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-12-04T21:21:45+00:00

    This is absurd. I have a $$ copilot license and my meeting options are set to use copilot before and after. Because I assumed the transcription would start automatically...because Copilot told me it would, I now have no notes whatsoever for a very important meeting. Copilot's advice? Ask if anyone in the meeting took manual notes.

    This should be a USER default that they can choose. Even if there was a policy setting, not all users are going to want that and we in IT cannot setup all of these different policies per groups of users that want or don't want something.

    The "legal" reason should not matter as there is a popup when a transcription is started that all users see. What customers want is to have the turn on by default and do what it does when we manually turn it on.

    Or better yet, if I have a copilot license, take the notes not matter what the setting is set to. That is what we pay for.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-26T20:13:48+00:00

    I want to upvote this

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-26T16:28:46+00:00

    This is really needed. If, for whatever "legal" reason, you cannot auto-enable meeting transcription, please send a popup to the meeting owner asking if he/she would like to start transcription. This way, it will act as a reminder but also leave the full responsibility to the meeting owner.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-11-20T14:37:20+00:00

    I echo this request - the transcription and Copilot Recap from that transcription is incredibly useful, but it's SO hard to remember to start the transcription when the meeting starts, so the feature goes largely unrealized. Please add an option for "Automatically Start Transcription"!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments