Can I enable automatic transcription for meetings via a policy?

Anonymous
2024-03-08T16:08:16+00:00

I want to be able to enable automatic transcriptions on Microsoft Teams for a group of specific users in our organization.

The goal is to enable users with a Premium license to utilize the AI notes and transcription via a policy.

The issue is that users forget to start recording the meeting and forget to set up automatic recording in the meeting options prior.

I've tried creating a Meeting Template that will record meetings automatically which would work, except users have to remember to click that template when scheduling a meeting.

I feel like an option to "Automatically Record" and "Automatically Enable Transcription" would be beneficial to a lot of users.

That way we can just assign the policy globally or to a specific set of users.

If there is a way, I would love to learn more about it.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Record meetings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-15T16:08:21+00:00

    Teams allows you to get a transcript and/or recording of the meeting. The feature being requested here is that meetings default to transcripts.

    To be fair, I suspect Microsoft is considering security and privacy (which isn't top of mind for Zoom, ever. Which is why I use Teams over Zoom).

    Microsoft did just roll out automatically, turning off cameras and microphones until participants agreed to be recorded. I suspect they needed that feature to be added first before they could allow default on recording.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-15T15:56:51+00:00

    zoom allows you to do this, after a meeting I get a recap with the key points of the meeting. Microsoft is lagging behind user experience.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-10T14:17:46+00:00

    Count me in

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-01-02T14:37:55+00:00

    I believe a lot of companies would benefit from this being enabled by default.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments