Can I enable automatic transcription for meetings via a policy?

Anonymous
2024-03-08T16:08:16+00:00

I want to be able to enable automatic transcriptions on Microsoft Teams for a group of specific users in our organization.

The goal is to enable users with a Premium license to utilize the AI notes and transcription via a policy.

The issue is that users forget to start recording the meeting and forget to set up automatic recording in the meeting options prior.

I've tried creating a Meeting Template that will record meetings automatically which would work, except users have to remember to click that template when scheduling a meeting.

I feel like an option to "Automatically Record" and "Automatically Enable Transcription" would be beneficial to a lot of users.

That way we can just assign the policy globally or to a specific set of users.

If there is a way, I would love to learn more about it.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Record meetings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-27T20:07:47+00:00

    Pretty ridiculous that this has been out here for a year and MS has given no solution. I would like this as well.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-03T16:36:11+00:00

    I need this too. Come on Microsoft, you guys did not even reply?

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-31T15:26:03+00:00

    This, and Auto Recording each meetings functionality please

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Anonymous
    2025-01-22T09:25:53+00:00

    This is exactly what i would really want as well.

    I do not get why there is no options that make this possible at the moment still!

    Only "workaround" i can think of could possibly be a Teams Premium template (not actually sure if even this would enable you to be able to set that option while booking) -and even here users actively would have to use that template.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments