Can I enable automatic transcription for meetings via a policy?

Anonymous
2024-03-08T16:08:16+00:00

I want to be able to enable automatic transcriptions on Microsoft Teams for a group of specific users in our organization.

The goal is to enable users with a Premium license to utilize the AI notes and transcription via a policy.

The issue is that users forget to start recording the meeting and forget to set up automatic recording in the meeting options prior.

I've tried creating a Meeting Template that will record meetings automatically which would work, except users have to remember to click that template when scheduling a meeting.

I feel like an option to "Automatically Record" and "Automatically Enable Transcription" would be beneficial to a lot of users.

That way we can just assign the policy globally or to a specific set of users.

If there is a way, I would love to learn more about it.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Record meetings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-06T15:51:09+00:00

    Agree, this functionality is needed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-28T12:22:26+00:00

    Same issue here. Come on Microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-09-20T21:36:32+00:00

    vote for this function here: Enable Auto Recording/Transcription

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-08-22T17:17:34+00:00

    I agree! There needs to be an auto transcribe feature. I still don't see it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-05-29T03:50:40+00:00

    I was also hoping to do this as well. I know MS will probably be working on a co-pilot powered meeting notes/summarization, but I was wanting to go ahead an implement something. My idea was to add a certain azure AD user and when you add them to the meeting, it automatically transcribes. Then you can use API to get the transcript, ingest into LLM, then paste the results back into meeting chat. EZPZ.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments