Can I enable automatic transcription for meetings via a policy?

Anonymous
2024-03-08T16:08:16+00:00

I want to be able to enable automatic transcriptions on Microsoft Teams for a group of specific users in our organization.

The goal is to enable users with a Premium license to utilize the AI notes and transcription via a policy.

The issue is that users forget to start recording the meeting and forget to set up automatic recording in the meeting options prior.

I've tried creating a Meeting Template that will record meetings automatically which would work, except users have to remember to click that template when scheduling a meeting.

I feel like an option to "Automatically Record" and "Automatically Enable Transcription" would be beneficial to a lot of users.

That way we can just assign the policy globally or to a specific set of users.

If there is a way, I would love to learn more about it.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Record meetings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-03T08:38:35+00:00

    Same situation here - @MSFT it would be really handy to get Transcripts created by default for every meeting.

    Thanks,

    Thomas

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-17T20:04:31+00:00

    Its been another month - still no update. Can Microsoft PLEASE add a toggle for automatic transcription? This is aver useful feature that should be very easy to implement

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-03T16:36:11+00:00

    I need this too. Come on Microsoft, you guys did not even reply?

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-29T11:50:51+00:00

    YES!!! We need the ability to have transcription on automatically. This would ensure we have access to the AI generated notes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-03-29T19:39:19+00:00

    I'm looking for an answer to this too...

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments